Lincoln County Personal Injury Attorney
Although sad, accidents can indeed happen to anyone at any time. One minute you’re shopping in your local grocery store, and the next, you’re on your way to the hospital with a broken shoulder. Most of these incidents are the result of negligence. If you have suffered a personal injury due to negligence, you may be eligible for compensation.
Seeking damages is not as easy as filing a claim with the insurance company. Have you been injured as a result of someone’s negligence in Lincoln County? John Colvin, an experienced Tennessee Personal Injury Attorney, is ready to protect your rights.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
You sustain a personal injury when someone’s negligence causes you physical, emotional, or psychological harm. Consequently, personal injury law covers a wide range of cases. Some of the most common claims we handle at John Colvin Law include:
- Auto accidents, such as bus, car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability, such as slip and falls
- Workplace accidents
- Dog bites
- Product liability
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
Filing a Personal Injury Claim or Lawsuit
If you decide to pursue a personal injury claim against the at-fault party, you will need to follow the right procedure. Your attorney will walk you through all the stages and handle most of the legal matters. You can generally expect the following:
- Filing an official claim –Your attorney will prepare all the papers necessary for your claim. They will then present a demand offer to the insurance company.
- Negotiations – They will then conduct negotiations with the insurance company on a reasonable settlement. This stage might involve a lot of back and forth.
- Settlement or trial – After negotiations, the two parties could reach an agreement, and you could be awarded a settlement. If not, your attorney will prepare for trial.
Damages in Personal Injury Claims
The purpose of a personal injury claim is to restore your life to where it was before the accident. The settlement you receive could cover the following:
- Economic Damages – These are all monetary losses related to the accident. They include medical expenses, lost income, property damage, and rehabilitation.
- Non-Economic Damages – These damages cover all losses with no monetary value, such as emotional trauma, mental distress, loss of companionship, and pain and suffering.
- Punitive Damages – These are special damages awarded in the event the at-fault party acted in gross negligence or malice. It is designed as a punishment to deter wrongdoing.
Tennessee Statute of Limitations
If you get injured in Grundy County, you only have one year from the date of the accident to take legal action against the at-fault party. This deadline is called the Tennessee statute of limitations. It means that you should contact an attorney immediately after an accident to protect your right to compensation.
Talk to a Lincoln County Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injuries can have devastating effects on you and your loved ones. The repercussions extend beyond physical pain into your emotional, psychological, and financial wellbeing. As such, you should never let the at-fault party get away with harming you.
As a Personal Injury Attorney Lincoln County, John Colvin has helped many families recover their injury-related losses. He is an experienced practitioner of Tennessee personal injury law and is fueled by his passion for protecting accident victims.
Contact us today at (877) 786-0641 to discuss your case with him.