Grundy County, TN Personal Injury Attorney

Slip and Fall Accident Attorney Accidents can be as devastating as they are unexpected. You could sustain a leg fracture while driving to work or suffer a brain injury from a slip and fall. Regardless of how you get injured, the repercussions can be life-altering and far-reaching. You might have to deal with accumulating medical bills, lost income, and physical pain.

John Colvin is an experienced Grundy County Personal Injury Attorney. He and his team of experts are dedicated to protecting the rights of injury victims. If you have been injured through someone’s negligence in Grundy County, they could help you recover your losses.

Personal Injury Cases We Handle

A personal injury refers to any physical, emotional, or psychological harm you sustain due to someone’s negligence. This means that personal injury law covers a wide range of cases. At John Colvin Law, the most common claims we handle include:

  • Auto accidents, such as bus, car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
  • Premises liability, such as slip and falls
  • Workplace accidents
  • Dog bites
  • Product liability
  • Medical malpractice
  • Wrongful death

Grundy County Car Crash Statistics

Sadly, car accidents are a significant portion of the cases we handle at John Colvin Law. Drivers who engage in Car accident attorney negligent behavior, such as distracted driving and speeding, pose a significant danger to road users. They are responsible for many car accident injuries and fatalities.

According to the Tennessee Department of Safety, Grundy County ranked 53rd in overall crash rate from 2015 to 2019. It was also 93rd in fatal crash rate and 30th in injury crashes.

 Steps to Take After an Accident

What you do immediately after an accident affects your eligibility for damages. This means that you should be careful about both your actions and words. After any injury, you should take the following steps:

  • Seek medical attention to ensure all your symptoms and injuries are caught early and treated.
  • Report the accident to the relevant authorities and get a copy of the accident report.
  • Collect evidence such as photographs of the scene and your injuries.
  • Inform your insurer about the accident
  • Contact your attorney to discuss your case and your next steps.

Damages in Personal & Bodily Injury Claims

The purpose of a personal injury claim is to restore your life to where it was before the accident. The settlement you receive could cover the following:

  • Economic Damages
  • Non-Economic Damages
  • Punitive Damages

Tennessee Statute of Limitations

If you get injured in Grundy County, you only have one year from the date of the accident to take legal action against the at-fault party. This deadline is called the statute of limitations. It means that you should contact an attorney immediately after an accident to protect your right to compensation.

Contact a Grundy County Personal Injury Attorney

You will likely be overwhelmed after an accident. At that time, navigating the complicated process of seeking damages might not be high on your priority list. Luckily, you don’t have to handle the legal matters on your own. You can hire an expert attorney.

If you are located in Grundy County, including the areas of Altamont, Monteagle, Pelham, and Tracy City, John R Colvin can help.

John Colvin is a Personal Injury Attorney in Grundy County who has helped many families recover their injury-related losses. His experience in Tennessee personal injury law accompanied by his passion to protect accident victims makes him your best bet at receiving compensation.

Contact us today at (931) 962-1044 to discuss your case with him.

Licensed to Practice in Tennessee & Alabama